The Close(Not really)-But-No-Cigar Speech
This year, this blog was nominated at the Philippine Blog Awards for the Best Hobby & Recreation Blog category. Yes, just one nomination and I didn’t even get to be a Finalist. Well, I have to admit I wasn’t being my usual blogger self these past two turbulent weeks and I sort of forgot that I had to consistently keep the quality just to have a fighting chance to be on the short list.
Nonetheless, I still would like to thank a few people who made this blog a joy to write:
- to my brother, Ralph, who literally bugged me to start a blog. He really believed that I shouldn’t waste my love for writing and I’m glad I listened.
- to my good friend MJ, for being one of my biggest fans! (and for nominating me as well!)
- to my Mom for patiently waiting me to finish every time.
- to the Philippine Cubers Association for letting me lurk on every competition and not kicking me out of the venue.
- to all the Pinoy Cubers whom I got some of the puzzles I feature from time-to-time.
- YouTube cubers: badmephisto, frk17, ErikLimeback, Pestvic, Thrawst and more for providing kick-ass tutorials to the noobs that we are.
- to the rest of my family who doesn’t even know and read what I’m writing about. =P
- the Philippine Blog Awards 2009 organizers, for their tireless efforts of uplifting the Pinoy blogging community.
- the actual Finalists who made it this year, I salute you guys!
- And of course,to all my readers. Yes, to the three of you reading this right now. Thank you!
I must say I had a pretty good run this year and I sincerely hope I can be a much better writer for you guys (and gals). Reading back from my very first posts, I must say, I’m gearing towards the right direction of making bigger and better write-ups. I may not be as funny as hell as those other guys, nor the best in taking the most breath-taking photos but I’m aiming to grab those awards next year! So watch out!
Once again, kudos to all the Filipino bloggers and see you again next season! A better and hopefully a year more of posts from a cuber’s point-of-view.