Alas! Amidst all the rage surrounding the Swine Flu outbreak in the States, a crazy week full of precipitation aka rain (very rare during summer in the Philippines), the rescue (?) of the Red Cross volunteer in Mindanao and tons of other stuff I won’t even write about…. I celebrated my 24th birthday yesterday. Woohoo!
And to the people who might get upset that they didn’t get invited, it was supposed to be a closed family affair . But since kuya sponsored the blow out, he told me to invite a few friends over.
Don’t be too upset. It was like a children’s party anyway, minus the party hats and party favors. ^_^ Not even a single drop of booze! Darn!
Kuya made four pizzas by hand (though the pizza dough was from the supermarket) and I made Pasta Alfredo more commonly known as Carbonara. The food we made was a hit and I’m very glad that they thought it was awesome, despite only serving 2 dishes. Mom and my little sister is still in the province so we had very little help preparing everything. It was like:
- 9:00 AM I woke up and made some breakfast.
- 9:30 AM Clean the house inside and out. (Ooooh! It’s not raining!)
- 10:00 AM Prepare all the stuff to be used and wash them all up: plates, spoons, cooking pots, etc.
- 11:00 AM Rest. (My older brother is still sleeping and my younger brother hasn’t come home yet.)
- 11:30 AM Cook lunch. Just corned beef with potatoes and onion.
- 12 Noon Eat lunch while starting to boil water for the pasta.
- 12:30 PM My older just woke up and I’m starting to cook the pasta.
- 1 PM Started chopping all the ingredients for the Carbonara. (Rap2 just arrived.)
- 3 PM Finished everything by then but no one has arrived yet, so I showered instead.
- 3:30 PM The first guests arrived! Time to party!
This post is long enough so here are the outtakes:
Oh, if you’re curious about the recipe I used, here it is:
(NOTE: I cooked a kilo of Pasta so I just doubled everything.)
1/2 kilo spaghetti noodles
1 can campbell cream of mushroom soup
1 can carnation evap milk
1 beef cube bouillon
bacon bits (for toppings)
1/2 quickmelt cheese (grated)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 Nestle all-purpose cream
1 can button mushroom (chopped)
Saute onion and garlic in butter. Add cream of mushroom. When the sauce is starting to thick in, add evap milk and all-purpose cream. Add the beef bouillon. Stir continuously. Add mushroom and ham. Then add 1/4 of grated cheese and stir until almost done. That’s it. Enjoy!